Looking for a good breakfast or lunch recipe? Well look no further as these courgette fritters are great! At headquarters we like to have these after a green juice or with a side salad for lunch. These are also good if you crave something fried, but don’t want to have that heavy feeling afterwards. Courgette or Zucchini (depending on which country you live in) fritters are a good vegetable available just about all year round. In late spring the farmers markets have so many varieties, making it hard to resist painting your plate in a courgette rainbow of colour. Courgettes are a good source of potassium, which is a heart friendly electrolyte, that helps bring the reduction in blood pressure and heart rates down by countering pressure-effects of sodium. Using coconut oil to fry with gives it a nice buttery, nutty taste as well as adding the good fat you need to the meal.
- x2 courgette
- x1 onion
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour/coconut/almond flour
- 2 eggs
- pinch Himalayan rock salt
- pinch pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- oil for frying (I used coconut oil)
- A shot of positive thoughts
- Grate zucchini. Add salt mix and leave for 10mins (this will help to get the liquid out) and then place shredded zucchini in a clean dish towel and squeeze as much liquid out of it as possible, as this will stop the fritters being soggy.
- Once squeezed place back in bowl and add beaten eggs, thinly sliced onions, almond flour, pepper and cumin and mix.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil over medium heat and wait for that pan to get super hot.
- Add spoonfuls of mixture in hot oil and fry until golden brown on each side. About 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve with side salad or eat just as they are ~Yum!